Skip to main content

My Motivation, My Purpose

Hey there baby Jags!

We're at the end of another work week and slowly approaching finals and I see many mental breakdowns in my future. No worries though, I won't fold under pressure. College is hard, especially being away from home. The motivation I receive daily from my family is what keeps me going.

My parents have motivated me since day one in everything I do. Often times I get overwhelmed, and their reassurance that I am making them proud helps me keep going. I don't know where I would be without them. My mom is my best friend and my dad is my entire world. The example they've set for me has encouraged me to be successful through all of my ventures and pushed me through the hardest times I've faced. I owe them everything. 





My brother motivates me just as much as my parents. We often joke that I got the brains in the family and he got the personality, but he is so intelligent and such a good role model for me. It's a blessing to have a brother who you can talk to like a best friend and who protects you like he's your dad (even though it drives me insane sometimes). 

My family is my motivation to trudge through the hard times and they are the ones I rejoice with in the good.

Who motivates you? What's your purpose? 

Love & light always xx

Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Ready For Your Next Chapter

Hey Baby Jags! You're all coming to the end of the road and getting ready to close a large chapter of your life. You may be excited, you may be nervous.. I must admit, I was a little of both. There are a few things you can do to help you prepare for your transition to college. These things definitely helped me be comfortable as I left home and started the next chapter of my academic career. First of all, SCHOLARSHIPS. My entire last semester was devoted to finding scholarships in my community and surrounding areas that I could apply for. College is expensive, as we all know. Many students do not realize how much money is available to them if they just search. Your guidance counselor at your high school should be able to lead you in the right direction if you aren't sure where to start and I would also suggest searching online for scholarship possibilities. Most are simple applications with short essays to accompany them and most people are not aware of many of the scholars

We The People...

Hey baby Jags! This semester has gotten off to a great start for me. I hope all of you are enjoying your senior year and making the most of every moment. I'm taking 17 hours this semester, so I have a wide variety of courses in different fields making it hard to choose a favorite. I would say my favorite course so far this semester would be my intro to political science course. My academic adviser encouraged me to take this course in case I one day wanted to achieve my Masters in Public Administration. Being a health sciences major with a Pre-Physical Therapy track, I had taken no humanities classes relating to government or politics since high school. I have learned so much about how our government works, and been able to hear differing opinions from people of many different cultures regarding politics in America. As a matter of fact, I'm about to head to my PoliSci class right now for another 2 and 1/2 hours of knowledge!  Love & light xx Laura Jag Guide

My Motivation

Hey baby Jags! The fall semester has officially come to a close at the University of South Alabama, and as I reflect on the past 4 months I realize how thankful I am to be surrounded by people who motivate me to be my best self and encourage me when I am at my breaking point.  First and foremost, my family has stayed by my side every step of the way. They constantly assure me that they are proud of me and that I am more than capable of being successful. Through every breakdown and phone call at 10 pm crying because I am overwhelmed, they remind me that the first step to getting back on my feet is getting on my knees. They pray for me and love me through everything, and I am so grateful for the motivation they give me.  The friends I surround myself with in Mobile are also a constant source of encouragement. Whether it be my sorority sisters letting me know they're praying for me before a big test, my roommate cleaning the apartment because she knows I'm stressed, or my be